Friday 11 November 2016

'BEAUTIFUL WALL' - WORK IN PROGRESS 'C' : 11 / 11 / 2016


Detail ( below ), showing the use of different surface textures.



I am going to title the current iteration this painting - which is still a work in progress - 'HOMAGE TO BARRAGAN', after my favourite Mexican architect.

People have speculated that the 'Beautiful Wall' that Trump intends to build along the Mexican border, should be painted pink ( see FastCo's article ). This would be in honour of Luis Barragan, an architect known for his clean, modernist designs and bright colours.

Again, I have to stress that this painting ( see below, and also the previous blog entry ) will NOT look anything like this in a few days, because I've decided it needs a drastic and complete overhaul / revision. However, that does not mean that I won't be doing a proper 'Homage to Barragan' at some point. It just won't be this one.

The same goes for the two other works in progress ( see 22nd August & 25th October ). All three still need to be re-edited and remixed until I'm happy with the results.

So until I get around to an appropriate tribute to the great architect Barragan, enjoy the pictures below, and the bright, Latin American colours.

Below: Current ( temporary ) composition, 50cm x 75cm Acrylic On Canvas, Nov 2016.





Detail ( below ).