Thursday 23 November 2017

TRUNK CALL

I was asked by an American design company recently to resurrect my 'POLYGRAPH NUDES' style, to which I happily obliged.

Over the years, this particular way of drawing has attracted the interest of many architects, interior designers, fabric designers and students. Therefore, when I was asked to supply some drawings for a hip hotel currently being built in New York City, I saw this as a good excuse to, at long last, explore this style again and see if I can evolve it.

Below you will see a rather belated attempt at a male figure...I'm not sure that it's particularly successful, either, as it does look somewhat androgynous. However, I rather like it, so maybe I should consider including more male figures in the future?

Below: Male Abdomen, Ink on Paper, September 2017